vBulletin 5 Connect is almost here, and the IB QA team is busily trying to set up a test environment up at http://vbtest.biz, using data imported from the production/live vbulletin.com forum installation.
Problem is, they didn’t think to password protect the forum, and a good number of posts in the forums have debug information attached to each one, including the poster’s IP address. The main forum page also lists a startling 307 database queries in its debug information.
I found this vbtest.biz site when going through my own servers logs. There was an entry to an image I referenced on vbulletin.com, and the post that this image referenced was was imported into vbtest.biz.
The site now redirects to vbulletin.com, and my thread was locked for bringing attention to it. In the past. they’ve locked threads referencing vbtest.biz. Even when it was found that the main “forums” link on vbulletin.com was directing to this test site for a short period of time, without any explanation.
Silly IB. I’m sure they’ll come up with a good excuse for it. Sounds like the vBulletin 5 Connect testing is almost ready to be launched on vBulletin.com!
Hopefully they leave debug off.
Out of the box, the router worked great, and had no problems, but when I got into the GENIE admin interface to make changes, it was an exercise in futility.
It looks like the browser based UI was rewritten to take advantage of ajax calls to give administrators a better user experience than the tried and true old administration interface.
But in my case, clicking on links in the interface would result in blank pages, or the “spinning circle” to keep spinning and not go away. Sometimes the links would work, sometimes they wouldn’t.
This got pretty aggravating when the problem prevented me from updating the router firmware, or even changing the password on the router.