1. Unregistered users can now participate on SneakyDave.com. All posts are moderated, which means they won't show up until they're approved.
    Dismiss Notice

Bravo! I Was Tired Of This "actor"'s Blank Stare Anyway

Discussion in 'Stuff' started by SneakyDave, Mar 5, 2012.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm glad they finally gave "Dale" the boot, never thought that guy brought a lot to the show.

Walking Dead' Creator Explains Shocking Death
    Warning: Major spoilers for the latest episode of "The Walking Dead" lurk ahead!​
    Death is par for the course on "The Walking Dead," but that knowledge wasn't enough to prepare for the shocking death of fan-favorite character Dale. Veteran actor Jeffrey DeMunn made his final appearance on the AMC survival horror series on Sunday night, and as is custom for the show, his exit was a gruesome one: While strolling along the quiet fields of Hershel's farm, Dale was mortally injured by a roaming zombie and, ultimately, euthanized by a bullet to the head from antihero Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus).​
    "Dale's death comes at a time where he's very much needed," executive producer Robert Kirkman told MTV News about the shocking decision to kill DeMunn's character. "[Rick and the gang] are trying to make this decision on what to do with Randall. The farm is becoming increasingly dangerous. There is still tension between Rick and Shane, despite the fact that it appears that they've put much of their differences behind them for now. They need that moral compass [in Dale], and it's been taken away."​

More...​

• Like Like x 1
  2. noguru

noguru Valued Member

I too thought his character was very weak. Then, the icing on the cake, standing there, looking at that cow, what an idiot. You knew it would happen then. I'm surprised they went as far as to kill him off, but I've read that financially, they are trying to save money on that show by cutting where they can, maybe that had something to do with it.

3. Trouble

Trouble Locked and Loaded

Good topic Sneaky.

Let's play a walking dead game.

Who in the cast do you see yourself as if you were thrust into some apocalyptic zombie future? How would behave? Who would you be MOST like. AND WHY?

Here's a link to the cast

As for me? The first thing that went through my mind was I'd be like Rick. But, then I thought about it and I said to myself, "The question isn't who you want to behave like but who would you ACTUALLY behave like?" With some self-reflection, I began to realize that in that situation, I'd be more like Daryl. In real life, I'm pretty much a loner. Not too many close friends. I have a lot of friends, but I'm talking close friends. Most people have at least one close friend. I don't. And it's because of how I am. I don't want you that close to me.

Also, Daryl is deadly. Survivalist type. He can adapt and learn skills needed in the new, wild and dangerous world of flesh eating, disease carrying zombie sonofnumbatches.

He's pissed off. You can just see in brewing in him. Yet, at the same time, he sees the value in reason and cool headed reactions. To me, he's one of the more complex characters. I never know if he's going to relax or take somebody down....lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fleety

Fleety Valued Member

This sounds like such a good show! I have never seen it though. It must come on after 10:00 pm. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trouble

You'd think that being a zombie show, it would be silly, but it's not. It's a lot more than that. IMO anyway. :)

6. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

If Glenn drank more and bitched and moaned about more things, I'd be him, all mouth and just a puss. Maybe half Shane (don't trust anybody, shoot first, ask questions later) and half Glenn the puss. Carl's got more balls than he does.

I haven't seen this demise of Dale episode yet, but for whatever reason, I couldn't stand him. Supposedly he wanted out of the show because a producer he liked left the show last season.

What happened to T-Dog? I haven't seen him in a couple of episodes. Was he in this episode with Doofus Dale Dying?

I hope we see more of Daryl and his hallucinations of his brother(?), like we did a few episodes ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

I hope the walkers get Andrea and Glenn next, or they fall into a well or something. I can't stand them either for some reason , but I don't want to see new people "being found" to replace them.

I know it's a show, but I can't get past the part about how everybody thinks they need to get all philosophical on everybody's actions, trying to build up the drama. ZOMBIES ARE AFTER THEM, that's enough drama for me.

It's probably just me, but it seems like any conversation with characters in the show that last longer than a minute requires the main speaker in the conversation to look away, and then back to the person they're talking to, for no apparent reason.

I can't understand how all those zombies have killed so many people in the general population, but they're only 4 for 13(?) with this group. I think they nabbed Daryl's brother (while he was handcuffed to a pipe), Sophia (a child), Amy, and Dale?

Great show, it's just these little things that drive me nuts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trouble

You got to choose one. No blended characters! :oops:

9. Trouble

LOL! I'm going to look for that next time. Ha!

10. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

I'm probably Shane without any guns, then. I was just chattin' up Sheryl, and she thought she was "Hannah" (aka Bicycle Girl), a zombie from the first episode, and the webisodes. ok, she really didn't say that, but it fits.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEwluvs27zk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trouble

I disagree to some degree. If the timing was right and the character(s) was/were interesting and was/were able to put a new slant on survival, then I'd be ok with it. You know there has to be other pockets of survivors.

Dave did you read the comic books? I didn't so I don't really know where the plot is headed. I mean though, honestly, just how long can they stay holed up at the farm? I mean, maybe zombie wise and supply wise they could make it but plot wise? I dunno. There's only so much story you can get out of farm life. Remember Green Acres....lol

12. Trouble

LOL!

13. Sheryl

Sheryl Insane Zinger

LOL I would not be Hannah, if it had to be a zombie it'd be a damn mean one attacking everyone, not a crawler! :p

I like Shane. I'm glad Dale is dead, that character drove me nuts. In this last episode with his girly whining about humanity being gone as they knew it, it was already gone! I wanted someone to shoot him in the head in the house and when they did in the field, I was like FINALLY! Trust no one, protect your family & group and screw everyone else. Who cares if that kid is a kid that they have prisoner, kill his ass and be done with it and then you don't have to worry about his 30 man army! In the episode where Shane shot Otis to save his own ass... that was perfect! I'd like to think I'd do the same. Otis was no one to him except the guy that shot Carl, even though accidentally, he still did and he wasn't a part of their group. Protect your own and cover your own ass.

I think they all have the virus in them already and when they die, they turn, even if they weren't bitten or scratched. We'll see though :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pam

Pam New Member

My daughter and granddaughter come over on Sunday nights to watch the show (there is a younger one at home, who doesn't need to be watching it). Last night they were in another room because I was watching Good Wife; I heard a stunned silence, then "WHAT????", so I knew something happened.

• Like Like x 1
  15. worstedweight

worstedweight Psittaciformes Power

Ok, now I'm going to sit down and watch this thing. It must be good to have y'all involved.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sheryl

Sheryl Insane Zinger

I started watching it this season and then went to redbox and rented the season 1 dvd to catch up on what happened. It's really good. Another one is The River, Tuesday nights.

17. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

Yes, I'm glad I found out he was killed off before I watched that show, because only that was keeping me from putting a shoe in the TV with his theatrical manifestations and grandeur. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

There's going to be "The Governor" show up in next season (3?), confirmed as a character from the comic book series. As I understand it, he's like Herschel, but the bad kind. Maybe he's the leader of the "30 Men" Randall belongs to.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-governor-david-morrissey-294872

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trouble

LOL!

20. Sheryl

Sheryl Insane Zinger

You don't think so? That zombie hanging in the woods didn't hang himself as a zombie. Those 2 they found on the ground when they went to drop off that kid in that town, had no bites or scratches. There has to be some explanation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice