1. Unregistered users can now participate on SneakyDave.com. All posts are moderated, which means they won't show up until they're approved.
    Dismiss Notice

Comprehensive Url Parser Faq

Discussion in 'XFStuff' started by SneakyDave, Nov 1, 2014.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

How do I use this add-on for eBay's Partner Network?

If you belong to the eBay Partner Network, you can use the example provided on the "Replace Affiliates" tab of the add-ons options.

The parts of the example URL you'll want to change are these highlighted values:
    upload_2014-11-1_8-14-3.png

This is the placement id, it identifies which eBay country program you participate in.
    This is the publisher id, it is tied to your ePN account, but according to eBay, it isn't required in the url.
    This is the campaign id, unique to your ePN account.

All the values above can be found by using the ePN Link Generator Tool. Give it a product, or url, and it'll add your placement id, campaign id, and publisher id to your URL. You can copy any link generated by the Link Generator Tool, and insert it into the add-on's "Affiliate Links" section, then replace the value after &mpre with {encoded_url}.

For example, if you created a link to eBay's electronics section, the link generator tool might generate a link that looks like this:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575103932&toolid=10001&campid=5337591305&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Frpp%2Felectronics

All you have to do is replace everything after the &mpre= with {encoded_url}, so that it looks like this:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575103932&toolid=10001&campid=5337591305&customid=&mpre={encoded_url}

When using the link generator tool, you'll want to mimic the behavior of how the add-on works, so choose a "Link Type" of "Custom URL" when generating test links like the above.

Once the URL is set as the "Affiliate Link" in the add-on and a matching Domain of "ebay.com" is set in the options, then all eBay links on your site will be rendered as your rover.ebay.com links.

There is a small bug in version 1.0.0 that affects URL's on your site that are already roverived. In this case, the original roverized link gets rewritten as YOUR roverized link. This doesn't cause any problems with visitors, but I'm not entirely sure if it correctly compensates the right ePN account when this happens. A fix will be provided soon.

If you belong to multiple eBay country programs, you can list them all in the add-on. This doesn't look very convenient to edit, but hopefully future versions fix that.
    upload_2014-11-1_8-31-21.png

#1 SneakyDave, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

How do I use this add-on for Amazon Affiliates?

If you have an Amazon Affiliates account, you can set it up with this add-on by following these steps:

1) Enter amazon.com in the "Affiliate Programs/Domains" of the "Append Affiliates" tab.
    2) Enter tag=[youraffiliate#] in the "Affiliate/Referral ID's To Append" box of the "Append Affiliates" tab, where [youraffiliate#] is the Amazon tracking ID.
    You can find your tracking ID at the top left of the page when you sign into your Amazon Affiliates account:
    upload_2014-11-1_8-24-7.png

If you belong to other Amazon programs (such as amazon.co.uk), or even multiple programs, you can enter all of them in the same way.

upload_2014-11-1_8-26-47.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

Hey, I donated to the Amazon/eBay URL Parser, can I get a copy of this one?

If you've made a donation to the Amazon/eBay URL Parser, you're eligible for a free license for this add-on. Just register on this site, and contact me, and I'll create a license and assign it to you.

4. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice