1. Unregistered users can now participate on SneakyDave.com. All posts are moderated, which means they won't show up until they're approved.
    Dismiss Notice

Full Disclosure

Discussion in 'Stuff' started by SneakyDave, Feb 20, 2015.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

Somebody from the old school gang of eBay acquaintances contacted me about this, so I thought I'd share it here.

Not too many people knew this due to the nature of how things work with the groups of people I hang out with on the interwebs, but my youngest daughter Lily was diagnosed with Leukemia shortly after she started kindergarten, back on September 15th, 2011

It was obviously a life changing event, and that kind of thing will either eat at you, or make you rearrange your priorities. It probably has done both for me, but it was a great learning experience for my family, and a wake up call that we don't have a lot of time on the pale blue ball.

Anyway, she went through a lot of chemotherapy and other treatment for a little longer than 2 years. Due to her treatment she had a lot of other issues related to that, as most cancer patients are well aware of.

We had a big party for her at the end of 2013 to celebrate her last does of chemo that she had to take, and we recently celebrated her being cancer free for a year.

By all accounts, she's back to being an ornery 8 year old, enjoying school, playing doctor and house, and inappropriate music.

Originally, I had been updating her web site and facebook page with information about her progress, but my sarcastic and bitter tone really didn't win over too many people, so my wife commandeered those functions, lol.

You can see her whole progress on lilydotson.com. There's a lot of preachy crap in there from my wife, which I think she puts in there to try to piss me off, so be warned if you're easily offended by that stuff, which I am, ha!

I just wanted to clear the air because somebody had heard something worse had happened, and so I thought it was best to tell the real story.

[​IMG]

photo159.jpg

photo149.jpg

2. Glad to see she's doing great sneaky.

3. Notamayata

Notamayata Member

I understand.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice