1. Unregistered users can now participate on SneakyDave.com. All posts are moderated, which means they won't show up until they're approved.
    Dismiss Notice

Gay Marriage Approved By Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Stuff' started by SneakyDave, Jun 26, 2015.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

I've always been of the opinion that the gay marriage issue was best decided by the states, not the Supreme Court. I'm support gay marriage, I just think the Supreme Court has more important (imo) things to rule on.

So today, the Supreme Court decided 5-4 that gay marriage was a fundamental right to all couples. Hooray for that, but really, what does that really change for the states that don't already allow gay marriage?

John Roberts gave a "fully throated" (ahem) explanation of his dissent:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ssent-constitution-had-nothing-to-do-with-it/

I'm not that up on Supreme Court decision making, but is he saying the same thing I'm thinking? That maybe he supports the right of gay marriage, but doesn't think it is a matter of the Constitution to decide?

And why is that TRAITOR John Roberts dissenting, shouldn't he be in the liberals back pocket?

2. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

Now we just need to approve polygamy, polyandry, and all polyamorous relationships, and I'll be happy.

3. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

4. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

Exactly..

[​IMG]

Scalia, Thomas, Roberts, Alito Suddenly Realize They Will Be Villains In Oscar-Winning Movie One Day

<snip>
    “Oh, God, the major social ramifications, the political intrigue, all the important people involved in the case—I’m going to be played by some sinister character actor in a drama with tons of award buzz, aren’t I?” said Scalia, joining his fellow dissenting justices in realizing they would be antagonists in a film potentially titled Defense Of Marriage and probably written by Tony Kushner. “I’m going to be portrayed as a closed-minded Neanderthal and the very symbol of backward thinking. And at the end of the movie, when my character realizes he’s on the wrong side of history, the audience will feel emotionally fulfilled because the hero attorney, probably played by George fucking Clooney, will have won. Great.”
    </snip>

http://www.theonion.com/article/scalia-thomas-roberts-alito-suddenly-realize-they--32972

5. Emilepow

Emilepow Guest

For me, it really doesn't matter if you are gay or not. Being gay does not change the fundamentals of humanity. It is the kindness and care for others that make the world a better place to live in. So I am glad that the gays are allowed their marriage if they find happiness in that.

6. ImaSurvivor

ImaSurvivor New Member

I have many gay friends, and indeed at least one gay relative. Between the hetero couples and the gay couples, the gay couples have a much more interesting life with heavy focuses on art, gardening, travelling - just lots of things raising kids pretty much make difficult if not impossible. All adults should have the freedom to choose who they love.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice