1. Unregistered users can now participate on SneakyDave.com. All posts are moderated, which means they won't show up until they're approved.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Legal Threats From Scott Samuel And Fornojo

Discussion in 'Stuff' started by SneakyDave, Mar 14, 2019.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

Scott Samuel must be on to his next amazing project, as I've been sent a couple notices to remove factual content from my site in the last 6 months.

This content is over 10 years old, and has little value, so I obliged and removed it. In today's climate, It's not worth the hassle of laughing over people's past behaviors. And besides, I'm sure Scott has an action plan to really hit it big this time.

It appears Scott has joined up with some college kids from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, including a guy by the name of Michael Ball, who is the CEO of this ForNoJo start up. No idea what it it's supposed to be, but it looks like some kind of app development company.

On the ForNoJo.com site, there was supposed to be some kind of launch in 2018, then in 2019, but it looks like that has passed. Then visitors were being directed to read a blog post on medium (creepily called "Exposing My Privates") by Scott, whereby he listed his accomplishments, and asked people to join him in California for a free event in March 2019.

It seems like that event has passed without much fanfarre, and now ForNoJo.com is asking people to go to O.ne to sign up for a news blast to talk about the company's new "vision".

Anyway, I got another note from the same legal team thanking me for removing some of the articles Scott really didn't care for, and then decided to try to get me to take down a lot of other stuff, including references to Auction Ethics, Ethical Technologies, and anything Scott was involved with.

I'm reviewing these with my representative and will choose to redact or remove the content at my leisure.

Following is the text from the legal threat, as well as scans of the letter. Any and all followup should be done through my legal representation for Solidmean Technologies, LLC.

Latenser and Johnson, PC
    14710 W Dodge Rd # 205
    Omaha, NE 68154

-------------------------------------------
    Dickinson Write PLLC
    2600 W Big Beaver Rd #00
    Troy, MI 48084

February 25, 2019

Mr. Dotson:
    Thank you for your cooperation in removing certain defamatory content about Scott Samuel from your website, SneakyDave.com. However there are still posts on your website that contain defamatory statements about Mr. Samuel - some of which are legally defamatory per se because they pertain to accusations of crimes, sexual misconduct, and improper business dealings. Statements that are defamatory per se are actionable without proof of damage. The posts that must be removed are listed below:

"Yakim Accuses Me of Online Stalking"
    "Ethical Tools Down for 21 Days"
    "Ethical Tools' Tool Used by PeSA Banned by eBay"
    "Scott Samuel Changes Userid"
    "PESA gets Black eyes(s) from Damage Control"
    "MPAA Violations at Ethical Tools Offices"
    "Bill Borgardus and Lou DiDona reportedly out at Ethical Tools"
    "Ethicaltools.com (Ethical Technologies) down"
    "Ethical Tools founder accused of arson, fraud, dug use, and employee mistreatment"
    "Ethical Technology Removes Bios of Founders and Employees"
    "Auction Ethics Tells User He's No Longer Welcome"
    "Personal Information and Scandals at Ethical Technologies"
    "The Latest at Auction Ethics (ethical2005.com)"

In addition, your website contains reproductions of Mr. Samuel's work which constitutes violations of copyright, trademark, and intellectual property law. We demand that you remove any and all references to and content created by Mr. Samuel including is e-mails, letters, and posts that are copied from other forums. We also ask that you immediately take down all search term hashtags relating to the following terms:

Scott Samuel
    Honesty.com
    Reid Hoffman
    PayPal
    Ethical Technologies
    Ethicaltools
    Auction Ethics
    Yakim Almaleh
    ForNoJo
    RuneScape
    RuneHQ

Thank you for your anticipated compliance with our demands. We hope to resolve this situation amicably without resorting to costly litigation, but we are prepared to file the necessary litigation if our demands are not met. Given that this is the second time we have had to reach out to seek compliance, we are prepared to move forward with legal action as the next step should our demands not be met promptly.

Dickinson Wright, PLLC.
    -------------------------------

scott_samuel_legal_threat_February_1.jpg scott_samuel_legal_threat_February_2.jpg

upload_2019-3-28_21-51-59.png

upload_2019-3-31_20-58-0.png

"How I Got 21 Places Away From Taking Over the Internet, And How to Fix The Scroll Through World We've Left For Our Children" - A Fireside Chat with Scott Samuel

#1 SneakyDave, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  2. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

Just noticed today that fornojo.com no longer is in service.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice