1. Unregistered users can now participate on SneakyDave.com. All posts are moderated, which means they won't show up until they're approved.
    Dismiss Notice

Oldest Neanderthal Dna Found In Italian Skeleton

Discussion in 'Stuff' started by Buffalo, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Buffalo

Buffalo The Thinking Hat

The calcite-encrusted skeleton of an ancient human, still embedded in rock deep inside a cave in Italy, has yielded the oldest Neanderthal DNA ever found

http://news.yahoo.com/oldest-neande...896.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=fb

altamura-man.jpg

This is an incredible discovery.....It's hard to say why the Neanderthals disappeared... It seems exotic or invasive species often affect and ecosystem disturbing the stability.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Solid Mean
    Staff Member

We are cro-magnon descendents, right, not Neanderthals? I can't remember. I find those shows fascinating though, how the Neanderthals became extinct, but the cro-magnon's flourished.

Can't imagine how th oldest ones would be in Italy though, I suspect there may be more species we haven't discovered yet.

Inbreeding seemed to have been capable with homo erectus, which I didn't think was possible between species, but I guess anything is possible.

Was it a larger brain? Environment? Liberals? How'd they die off?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_extinction

3. Buffalo

Buffalo The Thinking Hat

Liberals? lol funny guy

Not really on topic, but if you want hominins you feel you could hang out with, and maybe share a beer, see the sculptures of the Kennis brothers. webpage is here.

monkey man.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice